1. Who can participate?
The following could participate in the contest:
a) Any individual who has visited any of the destinations I.e. Chikmagalur, Kabini, Bandipur or the Andamans in the past (regardless of any years and subject to the stipulations mentioned hereunder) or plans to visit any one of these destinations till the 31st -July-2019 can participate in this contest by submitting the photographs, taken by him/her
b) Person who is above 18 years of age.
2. What are important dates to remember for this photo contest?
The contest opens on the 1st, May-2019 and closes on 31st, July-2019.
3. What are the categories under which contestants could submit their entries?
Contestants could enter under any or all of the following categories:
a) Inspired By Coffee
b) Inspired By The Waterfront
c) Inspired By The Jungle
d) Inspired By The Andamans
Descriptions for the above mentioned categories:
Important: It is important that when the contestant makes his/her entry on their personal Insta- gram handle that they use and use the #TheSerraiShutterbugContest and any one for the following #’s
- Inspired By Coffee - Will need to include the destination that is Chikmagalur, In and Around, History, modern and local architecture, the people, culture. Anything and everything that in- spired the contestant about the destination. #inspiredbycoffee
- Inspired By The Waterfront - Will need to include the destination that is Kabini, the Wildlife, In and Around, History, modern and local architecture, the people, culture. Anything and everything that in- spired the contestant about the destination #inspiredbythewaterfront
- Inspired By The Jungle - Will need to include the destination that is Bandipur, the Wildlife, In and Around, History, modern and local architecture, the people, culture. Anything and everything that in- spired the contestant about the destination. #inspiredbythejungle
- Inspired By The Andaman - Will need to include the destination that is the Andamans, the Wildlife, In and Around, History, modern and local architecture, the people, culture. Anything and everything that inspired the contestant about the destination. #inspiredbytheandamans
4. Is there a minimum age limit for entries that could be made?
The minimum age for entries is 18 years.
5. Is it essential that guests use any particular type of equipment for this contest?
No. There are no restrictions or guidelines for any type of equipment that guests could use for this contest. From a Phone Camera to a high end DSLR can be used. It is but essential that all entries must be at least 1000 pixels on its shorter side and under 5 MB for initial submission.
6. What are the guidelines that would have to be followed while shooting?
Participants will have to adhere to the essential decorum of the destination that they are in, including guidelines imposed by the Statutory Authorities. For instance, at Kabini or at Bandipur guests cannot violate wildlife rules and regulations to shoot a photograph or they cannot use equipment like a drone. They will be bound by the Liability Clauses imposed by the statutory authority and the docu- ment they sign before they leave on a wildlife safari. Any violation of this would result in disqualifi- cation of the entry from the contest.
7. Will these photographs be returned to the participants?
Digital rights of the photographs shall be retained by the contestant, and shall remain your (i.e. con- testant’s) property to use as you deem fit. Nevertheless and notwithstanding the above the Company reserves the right to use these pictures for promotional purposes for the contest and brands and other usage other than commercial sale outside the organisation, as it deems fit. The company is also enti- tled to use the Photographs as Royalty Free, Non-Exclusive, in perpetuity, and your consent is deemed to be concurred once you enter the contest by submitting the same to the contest.
Entry of the same images prior or during this contest (i.e. repeated entries), or images that was sent earlier for any contest held shall lead to disqualification of the contestant.
8. What is the process of entering the contest?
This would be a 3 step process.
Step 1 - The contestant shall have to make his/her entry through their personal instagram handle. They shall at this time need to use the #TheSerraiShutterbugContest and any one of the 4 other category #’s as mentioned above in point 3.
Step 2 - These entries shall then be shortlisted and individual contestants shall be contacted through instagram wherein they will have to submit all relevant details and also upload the original files through a specified link.
Step 3 - Company will make a selection of the Winners, through a panel of Judges and invite them for the grand Finale.
The decision of the Judges shall be final and no communication in this regard shall be entertained.
9. What are the various categories of Prizes given?
1) Best Photograph - Inspired By Coffee: The Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/ Barefoot properties.
2) Best Photograph - Inspired By The Waterfront: Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/Barefoot Properties.
3) Best Photograph - Inspired By The Jungle – Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/ Barefoot Properties.
4) Best Photograph – Inspired By The Andamans - Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/ Barefoot Properties.
5) Overall Best Photograph - A cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh for the overall best photograph.
10. What would be the financial implications of the prizes that are given away?
For categories 1 to 4 the prizes shall include:
a) Accommodation and Breakfast at any of the resorts that the contestant has won
b) All free activities at the resorts. However the prizes shall not include:
- All extra expenses like Spa, Bar, Laundry and all paid activities where ever applicable.
- Cost of transfers from the point of origin of the contestant to Bangalore where the prizes will be
The cash prize given shall be subject to deductions of applicable taxes.
11. Where shall these photographs be used?
As mentioned before these photographs shall be used by The Serai and Barefoot resorts in any of their marketing collaterals, communications as they deem fit. Due credit may be given to the photog- rapher but this shall not be binding nor an obligation on the brand. Please refer point 7 herein above.
12. Would the contestant need to sign a declaration?
Yes. If you are a semi finalist you would need to approve the declaration and upload your entry. The declaration can be found
13. General Conditions
a) By entering the contest, you represent and warrant that you shot the photograph yourself and it/ they were shot in and around The Serai / Barefoot Resorts, the photograph is not morphed / com- puter generated/Plagiarized and that you are the rightful owner, have the power and authority to submit the photographs entered and to grant the rights herein and that all photographs submitted shall not infringe any copyright, trademark, trade secret or invade or violate any right of privacy, infringe any other proprietary right or contain anything libelous and obscene.
b) Prizes cannot be substituted with any other item by winners and may not be transferred or as- signed. The Serai reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value for any prize, for any reason.
c) Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation and/or any other con- tents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural and moral traditions and practices of
India are strictly prohibited.
d) You agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and oth- erwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes outlined in these rules. The data may also be used by The Serai / Barefoot in order to verify your identity, postal address, and telephone number or to otherwise verify your eligibility to participate in the Contest.
e) Model Release- It is the responsibility of the Contestant/photographer to have all approvals and permissions from models who could have featured in the entry made by the participant.
f) Winners cannot request for substitutions of Prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees as well as additional costs that may be incurred.
14. Limitation of Liability/Indemnity
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EX- EMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROF- ITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLES (EVEN IF THE SERAI’ HAS BEEN AD- VISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM THIS CONTEST.
By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge, The Serai / Barefoot resorts and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employ- ees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against The Serai, and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or in- jury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
15. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The Serai / Barefoot, that corrupt or af- fect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, then we shall not be held liable. The Serai / Barefoot reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any in- dividual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
Notwithstanding the above our rights to alter the terms and conditions or to cancel the contest for any reasons, is reserved.
16. Governing Law
The Contest, your submission and the rules shall be Governed by and construed in accordance with Indian Laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or your submission will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Bangalore