1. Who can participate?
The following could participate in the contest:
a) All direct DFIT guests who have paid for their holiday. Please note the entry shall be in
the name of the Guest who has registered his/her name in the Booking Records of the
b) All guest who have made their booking through a travel agent.
c) All guests who have checked in from the 1st April to 31st December 2017.
d) Person who is above 18 years
Employees or family members of The Serai / Barefoot and their Group Companies and
people associated with the company are barred from entering into this contest.
2. What are important dates to remember for this photo contest?
The contest opens on the 1 April 2017 and closes on 31st December 2017 at 12:00 AM.
3. What are the categories under which contestants could submit their entries?
Contestants could enter under the following categories:
a) Nature and Landscape
c) In and Around
d) My Moments
Descriptions for the above mentioned categories:
Important: The Photographs shall be within the destination i.e. in and around The Serai / Barefoot, which is captured during their stay including their journey to and from The Serai / Barefoot.
- Nature and Landscape includes - Wildlife, Sunrise, Sunset, Mountains, Beach,Vegetation, Underwater.
- Architecture includes - The Serai, Around the Serai, History, Modern architecture, Local architecture.
- In and Around includes - Local, Culture, People, Cuisine, Lifestyle, Livelihood, At or around the Serai.
- My Moments includes - Selfie, Family, Togetherness, Happiness, Memories, Activities.
4. Is there a minimum age limit for entries that could be made?
The minimum age for entries is 18 years.
5. Who will make the entries?
Entries will be made in the name of the person who has made the booking for a holiday at The
Serai Resorts or The Barefoot at Havelock with relevant details like:
a) Name of the guest who has made the booking
b) Date of check-in and check-out
c) Resort visited
e) Confirmation Voucher Number
Example: Suppose the booking has been made in the name of Mrs. X, Mr. X can submit entries
under that name under the various categories. A minimum of 1 entry against one name and a
maximum of 2 entries per category would be entertained for this contest.
6. Is it essential that guests use any particular type of equipment for this contest?
No. There are no restrictions or guidelines for any type of equipment that guests could use for
this contest. From a Phone Camera to a high end DSLR can be used. It is but essential that
all entries must be at least 1000 pixels on its shorter side and under 5 MB for initial submission.
7. What are the guidelines that would have to be followed while shooting?
Participants will have to adhere to the essential decorum of the destination that they are in
including guidelines imposed by the Statutory Authorities. For instance, at Kabini or at Bandipur
guests cannot violate wildlife rules and regulations to shoot a photograph or they cannot use
equipment like a drone. They will be bound by the Liability Clause that they sign before they
leave on a wildlife safari. Any violation of this would result in disqualification of the entry from
8. Will these photographs be returned to the participants?
No, these photographs shall be retained by The Serai / Barefoot. If a guest submits a
photograph to enter into the contest, then the contestant shall be deemed to grant The Serai /
Barefoot a royalty free, non-exclusive right, perpetual license to display the photographs on
social media or any other marketing collateral at the discretion of The Serai / Barefoot.
However the awarded contestants shall assign all their rights, title and interest over the
photograph in favour of The Serai and Barefoot, and The Serai and Barefoot shall be entitled to
deal with the same as it deems fit. The awardee shall also be barred from using the photograph
for his personal gains and or in any manner which is prejudicial to the interest of the company.
9. What is the process of entering the contest?
This would be a 3 stage process:
1) Once the guest has completed their stay at any of The Serai Resorts or Barefoot at Havelock between 1st April 2017 to 31st December 2017, the Guests will have to make the required entry in the contest registration page: http:// www.tiramisumedia.com/testbed/serai/website/contest-landing.php. This could be done either at the resort or after their return from their holiday. Entries submitted after 31st December, 2017 will not be considered. The name of the contestant would need to be the same name in which the booking has been made and all the other relevant information should correspond, with the data provided by the Guest while checking in at the Serai/Barefoot, failing which the contestant shall be disqualified from the competition.
Alternatively the photos can also be submitted via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Check-In Date
- Confirmation Voucher Number
- The category of the contest that the photo(s) is being submitted to
- A short description of the photo(s) being submitted
2) The photographs entered into the contest by the guest shall then need to be shared using #inspiredresorts, on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. The engagement we see for the picture in social media will add weightage to the chances of the picture(s) winning the contest.
3) Winners shall be decided by the judges of The Serai and also by the engagement that he/she has received on social media platforms.
10. What are the various categories of Prizes given?
1) Best Photograph - Nature and Landscape: Winner shall be chosen by the panel of
judges, and the winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/Barefoot properties.
2) Best Photograph - Architecture: Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/Barefoot
3) Best Photograph - In and Around – Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/
4) Best Photograph – My Moments - Winner shall get a 2N3D stay at any of The Serai/
5) Overall Best Photograph - A cash prize of Rs. 1 Lakh for the overall best photograph.
11. What would be the financial implications of the prizes that are given away?
For categories 1 to 4 the prizes shall include:
a) All meals and taxes and the accommodation for the period of the stay at The Serai or the
b) All free activities at the resorts. However the prizes shall not include:
- All extra expenses like Spa, Bar, Laundry and all paid activities where ever applicable.
- Cost of transfers from the point of origin of the contestant to Bangalore where the prizes will be distributed.
The cash prize given shall be subject to deductions of applicable taxes.
12. Where shall these photographs be used?
As mentioned before these photographs shall be used by The Serai and Barefoot resorts in any of
their marketing collaterals, communications as they deem fit. Due credit could be given to the
photographer but this shall not be binding on the brand. All rights of the winning photographs shall be
duly handed over to the brand.
13. Would the contestant need to sign a declaration?
Yes. The declaration can be found
14. General Conditions
a) By entering the contest, you represent and warrant that you shot the photograph and
was shot in and around The Serai / Barefoot Resorts, within the dates mentioned above,
the photograph is not morphed / computer generated and that you are the rightful
owner, have the power and authority to submit the photographs entered and to grant
the rights herein and that all photographs submitted shall not infringe any copyright,
trademark, trade secret or invade or violate any right of privacy, infringe any other
proprietary right or contain anything libelous and obscene.
b) Prizes cannot be substituted with any other item by winners and may not be transferred
or assigned. The Serai reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or
greater value for any prize, for any reason.
c) Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content
including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation
and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural and
moral traditions and practices of India are strictly prohibited.
d) You agree that personal data, especially name and address, may be processed, shared, and
otherwise used for the purposes and within the context of the Contest and any other purposes
outlined in these rules. The data may also be used by The Serai /
Barefoot in order to verify your identity, postal address, and telephone number or to
otherwise verify your eligibility to participate in the Contest.
15. Limitation of Liability/Indemnity
By entering this Contest, all entrants agree to hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge,
The Serai / Barefoot resorts and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their
employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising
out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and
use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
16. Right to Cancel or Suspend Contest
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by
computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering,
unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of The
Serai / Barefoot, that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper
conduct of this Contest, The Serai / Barefoot reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify
any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or
suspend the Contest.
17. Governing Law
The Contest, your submission and the rules shall be Governed by and construed in accordance
with Indian Laws. Any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the contest and/or
your submission will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts at Bangalore